The NIRSA Championship Series is dedicated to providing experiential learning through sport.
Supported by hundreds of NIRSA member volunteers, the Series offers a variety of regional and national championships for college students in an effort to contribute to a culture of health and wellbeing that positively impacts student success.
To ensure the integrity of the Series, staff and volunteers will follow:
• Support the mission, vision, and strategic values of NIRSA
• Lead with open and honest communication
• Provide and promote student and professional development
• Commit to the NIRSA Championship Series brand promise
• Manage fiscal and other resources responsibly
• Foster a culture of assessment and research
NIRSA intentionally sought to make this planning process as inclusive as possible; the varied scope of individual lenses and experiences put forth allowed for identification of the priorities most needed by the Series.
To do this, the Task Force directly engaged with NIRSA members and participants during the data gathering and feedback stages of the planning process.
NIRSA Championship Series Task Force
- Co-Chair: Randall Ford, Chair NIRSA Championship Series Committee, The University of Texas at Austin
- Co-Chair: Valerie McCutchan, Director of National Sport Programs, NIRSA HQ
- Amanda Deml, University of Oregon
- Marty Dempsey, University of Florida
- Scott Flickinger, Cornell University
- Dan Hazlett, Host, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Ashley Lax, University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Stephanie McAlpine, University of Texas at Arlington
- David Peters, Florida State University
- Gene Sherry, Georgia Southern University
- Ben Shrunk, North Carolina State University
- Jacob Tingle, Trinity University
- Brooke Turner, University of Alabama
- Mark Williams, University of Notre Dame
- Nicole Jackson, NIRSA HQ