The Rules and Officials’ Manual Editors of the NIRSA Flag & Touch Football Rules Book & Officials’ Manual are responsible for providing content for the officials’ clinic, ruling on rules protests, and receiving rule book feedback from players, coaches, officials, and clinicians. Each year, both Editors will serve on the Officials Committee staff at the National Tournament. Responsibilities include:
- Create and implement a challenging and innovative officials’ clinic content. Officials’ preparation for the tournament should include pre-tournament materials, as well as classroom and on-field training.
- Work with the Director of Officials to assign clinicians to assist with clinic.
- Assist with on all rules protests with Director of Officials.
- Develop structured trainings to be used throughout the tournament. (Used in the morning, during scheduled breaks, and at the end of the day at the discretion of the Director of Officials)
- Serve in evaluator role if needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Officials or Tournament Director.