The NIRSA Championship Series appeals process has been created to ensure that all individual competitors and institutions participating in NIRSA Championship Series events receive fair and equal treatment. The ultimate goal of the appeals process is to maintain the integrity of the NIRSA Championship Series tournament brand.
- An individual or team can appeal the sanction or request an eligibility exception through completion of the Online Appeal Form. This form requires a written letter approved by their Campus Recreation Director (or designated representative) to be uploaded. This letter should include the Director’s statement of support and signature. Please note, a Google account is required to complete the online form because of document uploading. If the person completing the form does not have a google account, please email the written letter and reason for appeal to the NIRSA Director of National Sport Programs, Valerie McCutchan.
- The Online Appeal Form must be completed within ten business days of the sanction (NOTE: Request for eligibility exceptions must be made a minimum of 30 days prior to the respective contest).
- The reasons for the appeal should be clearly outlined. The form responses with document(s) will be submitted to the NIRSA Championship Series Standards of Competition Work Team Chair for review by the appeals committee.
- The appeals committee reserves the right to modify current sanctions as necessary, including imposing additional sanctions. The appeals committee will rule on the appeal within ten (10) business days of receiving the completed form.
- The committee may choose to contact the Campus Recreation Director from the appealing institution (or designated representative), the team representative of the appealing team, and/or legal counsel.