The NIRSA Flag Football Editorial Board has the capacity for 12 members, serving staggered two to four year terms. Nicole Green-Valentine, University of Michigan is the Chair of the Editorial Board (2015-2017).
In its first year (2015-16), the inaugural Editorial Board will be charged with developing a process for recruitment, application, and appointment of future Editorial Boards and members.
- Approximately 50% of the membership remains consistent and 50% of membership rotates every-two-years;
- Terms shall rotate with the 2-year Rulebook editorial process and application, nomination, and appointment shall follow the Leadership Recruitment Process, as established by the NIRSA;
- This process shall reflect the NIRSA Strategic Values and diversity of the membership.
In its first year (2015-16), the inaugural Editorial Board will also establish guidelines for the review and editing process. Such a process may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- All NFHS Rulebook changes to be considered;
- All NFHS Officiating Mechanics changes to be considered;
- Suggestions for edits, rules changes, mechanics changes to be considered;
- Voting process to include all 12 FFB Editorial Board Members.
In its second year (2016-17), the inaugural Editorial Board will use the established processes to edit the rule book scheduled for publication March 2017.